A Conversation for "Honey I've Crashed the Car" - A study of Left-ear Phone Conversations

very interesting

Post 1

Metasystem

I wasn't even aware of this phenomenon until now and found it very interesting to hear of it.

I'm heavily left handed (to the extent that I have lots of lefthanded equipment, a left handed mouse, left handed bass guitar etc.) yet use my right hand to answer the phone, thereby justifying your medical science caveat.

I feel a bit as though I'm not invited to the phenomenological party, but will be thinking of this every time i answer the phone in future. incidentally I vastly prefer to use speakerphone.

Thanks for an interesting read mate

smiley - cheers


very interesting

Post 2

aGuyCalledPaff

Thanks for your comments - glad you liked it.

I wasn't aware of the phenomenon either until a right-handed person mentioned it, and being left-handed, it got me thinking.

Although I'm left-handed... I use a mouse right-handed (although I prefer not to use one at all), I play guitar right-handed (although people prefer me not to play the guitar at all).

You're not the first to contradict the basis of the article either - hence the footnotes.

PS. I notice you're originally West-country, now in London. I'm London born-and-bred, now in the West-country! It's a small world.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more