A Conversation for View From the Queue

revising an approved/edited entry

Post 1

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

How do I go about updating an entry that has already been accepted by the guide. Do I just update the user page for it, or something far more complicated?


revising an approved/edited entry

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Unfortunately, you can not simply update an approved Guide entry yourself. The update must go through the editing process so a sub-editor can approve the changes.

You will find there are two versions of your entry. The one in the Most Recent Guide Entries section of your userpage can be edited, but this will not change the way the approved entry appears in the Guide. The copy in the Most Recent Edited Guide Entries section of your user page is the official version in the Guide, but you can not edit it.

Go ahead and edit the version in your Most Recent Guide Entries section. Then go to the Peer Review page and submit your changes. ( http://www.h2g2.com/PeerReview ) I recommend including the entry numbers of both the approved entry and your revised entry.

Here is an example.

***

Subject: A640542/A451226 - Yellow Fish

I have revised an entry that was previously approved for the Guide. I have added information about four additional yellow fish to the bottom of the entry.

Current approved entry:
http://www.h2g2.com/A640542

The revision I am submitting:
http://www.h2g2.com/A451226


revising an approved/edited entry

Post 3

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Cool, thank you, I shall do that. I kinda need to move Ally McBeal out of series 1 smiley - smiley


revising an approved/edited entry

Post 4

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

smiley - smiley

Good luck, Swiv.


revising an approved/edited entry

Post 5

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

I need more than luck to find the time to do it in smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more