A Conversation for Libertarianism

World's Smallest Political Quiz

Post 1

PostMuse

On 4 of the 5 "personal issues" I did not hesitate in answering "Y."

However, this one... "Drug laws do more harm than good. Repeal them." Repeal which ones? The ones that say marijuana, cocaine, crack, etc. are illegal? Or the ones that say drug companies must abide by specific standards and be subjected to regulations? Of course, I know what the question refers to, but if one can get the "recreational" drugs without regulations, what is to stop drug companies that make the drugs needed for cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc from ignoring regulations that just end up being costly and time consuming? There are laws to prevent that, you say. Well, yes, but why are there laws for some drugs and not others? So, maybe we should regulate any drug. Imagine the size of *that* government department. Of course I am overstretching here, but not by much. I am trying to point out that there are shades that can't be addressed by a one size fits all type of government, which is what I feel the libertarians go for.

On *all* of the "economic issues" I could not answer yes or no, and I *hate* maybe. Those questions only give you one choice, right or wrong. I have to think on these to be able to put into words why this is so onerous to me.


Key: Complain about this post

World's Smallest Political Quiz

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more