A Conversation for 24-Seven - The H2G2 Space Centre Convenience Store

respectfull complaint

Post 1

Starbirth - {Seeker of the Cosmic Lottery Winning Numbers}

I would like to bring to your attention a small but annoying problem in ilse #4. While using the infinate compacity refrigerator. I acessed the a.r.s. for an authentic pre-made tuna fish sandwich.
The kind you could find at most bus stations while traveling cross country in those wonderful snack dispenser machines say from 1950 thru the 1980s. The sandwichs were all made in 1 central proccesing plant and shipped through out the north american continent. This insured a minimium of one week ageing in combination with a consistent rubbery texter and plenty of good old preservitives {better living through chemicals} Each mouthful leaving you with a nostalgic and gastromic experiance.

smiley - erm All I recieved was a fresh tuna sandwich.


respectfull complaint

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Oh dear, I'm very sorry to disappoint you. I have a firm policy here. I absolutely refuse to poison my customers. It's hard enough to drum up business around here, if I didn't have any repeat customers I'd have to shut the doors in no time at all.

But since the sandwich is not what you expected, I'll be happy to issue a refund.

Perhaps you'd like to purchase a lottery ticket? smiley - biggrin


respectfull complaint

Post 3

Starbirth - {Seeker of the Cosmic Lottery Winning Numbers}

No refund is needed, and I must say your no poisoning the custumers is a very good policy. I guess I should get use to the fresh sandwichs after all it is the twenty first century. Maybe however you could smash them up a bit after wrapping them?

I must compliment you your prompt and courtious reply.You run a top notch establishment.


Service with a smile

Post 4

Witty Moniker

I think I can accomodate the smashing up bit. The sandwiches would still be edible.

*Writes up a sign and hangs it next to the ICR along with a rubber mallet.*


Sandwiches squashed and mangled upon customer request, no extra charge.


That works for me. smiley - smiley

So tell me, how did you happen upon the 24-Seven?


Service with a smile

Post 5

Starbirth - {Seeker of the Cosmic Lottery Winning Numbers}

What brought me to the 24 hour store?

Nostalgia

It is Late March 1981 and I along with my brother and good friend are heading home from a 5 month cross country van trip that took us from home {CT} through over 20 states ending up in Mission Bay Ca. Four of us living in a van seeing the country 20 years old and the world laying ahead. After 1 month on the road living at truck stops, parking lots, seeing every thing from the grand caynon to las vegas we ended up in a luxury apartment in ca.
Mostly by the gift of gab and pooling the last of our money for the first last and security deposit. Four months of working a few odd jobs, befiending a few people well off helping us, hedonism and a life time of memorys it was time to head home to reality. Since the owner of the van {my best friend } was staying in LA until september we bought 3 $99.00 one way tickets to Ct. 3300 miles and 4 days away.
Leaving CA. we had about $50 between us and lived on cheese and tuna sandwichs at the greyhound bus stops.
Right about philly we had enough for one sanwich each until home the next day. I bought a tuna salad sandwich fron a machine in the bus stop and that sandwich held a symbolic meaning to me that I know now to be a watershed point in my life. Leaving behind the carefree days of my youth and accepting the role of a adult. It was the best sandwich I ever ate. smiley - erm guess that will teach you to ask me a question. smiley - smiley {or I could just have been very hungry}

I was also just lookink for someone to nice to talk to smiley - smiley


Service with a smile

Post 6

Witty Moniker

Well, I certainly got my dime's worth with that question! smiley - biggrin

I'm an east coast girl, myself... down from you and a little to the left. The Jersey Shore, Bruce country.

I never did that "explore the world on $5.00 a day" bit after school. It didn't appeal to me so I jumped right into Manhattan and the working world. I've taken some nice vacations, I prefer room service to cafeterias.


Service with a smile

Post 7

Starbirth - {Seeker of the Cosmic Lottery Winning Numbers}

We are practically neighbors. The first month or so of our trip was more like "see the USA on $1.50 a day" but I would'nt trade it for a million dollars. Well maybe a million but it would have to be tax free. smiley - smiley But the other four months would have been to your liking. We ended up at the Oakwood La Jolla Colony Apartments {if you have time to waste and do a search it will come up}. Luxury apartments tropic landscape,heated pools,jacuzzi,private gym,club house with pooltable,libary,bar ect.{every thing except room service} We pooled our money together, back then it was about $1400 a month for 2 people. We used every penny we had, stretched the truth a little, and went from a van to california dreamin overnite. God knows how we ended up there and how we got in the door. But what a time!

As far as a great hotel and room service may I recommend Leows L'Enfant Plaza in Washington DC. Heavon on Earth.

Sorry looks like I have run on again. smiley - erm


Service with a smile

Post 8

Witty Moniker

I just bookmarked the L'enfant. Hubby & I have 2 girls that are at a good age for seeing the sights in DC. However, I think we'll wait a while to schedule that field trip. Too many things are shut down right now. smiley - sadface Too many things are potential targets, too.

Difficult times.

Wanna Slerpee?


Service with a smile

Post 9

Starbirth - {Seeker of the Cosmic Lottery Winning Numbers}

Slerpie ? Yes I would really like a strawberry/rasberry one. the machine keeps picking my flavors but now that I know the owner maybe it will be more co-operative. <Smiley>

We went to DC in 97 with our three children and had a great time. The L'enfant sits in the middle of the mall and on top of the subway{the cleanest one I have ever seen} From you room you can you can hit the elavator catch a train and be at one of the sites im moments.
It is a great place to visit. The hotel is out of this world.
You will love it


Service with a smile

Post 10

Witty Moniker

smiley - ok

Can't help you with the slerpee selection. You can try visualizing what you want as you pour. Sometimes that works. But not always.


Service with a smile

Post 11

starbirth

test


Service with a smile

Post 12

starbirth

I tried the mind control with the slurpie, picturing rasberrie and it was close a very good rasberrie taste with a curious neon green color. All in all pretty good smiley - smiley


Service with a smile

Post 13

starbirth

Just to bring Washington up again. When thens get back to normal it really is a great family vacation spot. Most things are free or little cost- White House-Treasury-Washington-Lincoln monumounts and more. My favorite the Smithstonians {where I could spend a year}and they have great displays for the kids. The best thing about Le'nfant is you walk out your room get in the elevater hit lower leval and you are in the metro Two minutes from then on your whay to your destonation.


Service with a smile

Post 14

Witty Moniker

*Grins at the positive Slerpee experience.*

I hope things get back to more 'normal' soon. smiley - sigh It's an adventure just going to the mailbox these days. Especially here in Jersey.


Service with a smile

Post 15

starbirth

same here anything that looks suspicous like the mortgage,phone,car,ect I refuse to open even if my wife diagrees smiley - smiley


Service with a smile

Post 16

Witty Moniker

smiley - laugh Ignorance is bliss.


Service with a smile

Post 17

starbirth

Then "surely heaven waits for me" <smiley}


Service with a smile

Post 18

starbirth

WittyWishing you and yours a "Happy Thanksgiving"


Service with a smile

Post 19

Witty Moniker

*Looks out from behind a mound of leftovers.*

Thank you very much, starbirth. smiley - smiley

Hope you all had a nice holiday, too.


Key: Complain about this post