A Conversation for 24-Seven - The H2G2 Space Centre Convenience Store

Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 1

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

Well, do you.


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Just a moment, please, I'll have to check.

Sort, come here, please.

*The 'bot looks up from dusting the books, puts the feather duster down and approaches the counter.*

Sort, would you go out back and see if we have any hubcaps for a '76 Pinto? Look behind the dumpster.

*Turns to Skylion.* Cross your fingers... maybe we'll get lucky. Do you actually have a Pinto that still runs?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 3

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

You know, I don't think I have seen a Pinto, either running or rusting, with my own eyes for a looooong time. No, really, the whole speal is a line from Kevin Smith's Clerks.
Sorry to have troubled you and Sort.
Can I get some smokes?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 4

Witty Moniker

Ahh... never saw that flick, I am ashamed to admit. I live not far from Kevin Smith's hometown. I heard it was good and I now I have an incentive to rent it. 'specially since I run a convenience store. smiley - winkeye

Can't get cigarettes here. This may be the only convenience store in the galaxy that doesn't stock 'em. Maybe that's why business hasn't been so good.

How about a Slerpee?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 5

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

A Slerpee sounds great, thank you. smiley - smiley
Mentos?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 6

Witty Moniker

*Draws a Slerpee from the machine, inserts a straw and hands it over.*

Here you go. Let me know what flavor it is. It's always random, you know.

Now, are you offering a Mentos or looking for one?

*Sort comes back into the store carrying a single hubcap from a '57 Buick.*


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 7

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

I am offering you a Mento. They are the freshmaker.
**slerp** drinking Slerpee.
Minestrone?

That looks, like a cool hupcap. How much?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 8

Witty Moniker

Thanks, but I'll pass on the Mentos. I make it a policy not to use products that have commercials I despise. I couldn't use Charmin until 5 years after Mr. Whipple retired.

*Looks at the hubcap.*

Hmmm... what'll you give me for it?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 9

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

Well, I was going to give you the whole pack of Mentoes, and trade you some Charmin. But now, I don't know.


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 10

Witty Moniker

Want me to put it on your tab?


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 11

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

Yes


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 12

Witty Moniker

Very good.

*Wraps the hubcap in brown paper and ties it with a string.*

Enjoy! smiley - biggrin


Do you have hubcaps for a 1976 Pinto

Post 13

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

DUDE ! Thanks.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more