Who Am Roasted Amoeba?

1 Conversation

I hate bad grammar. More specifically, I hate it when other people use bad grammar. So, I decided to use bad grammer for the title of this article, in the hope of irritating myself, and consequently not getting irritated with other people so much...

Hmmm.... that didn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I have finally given in. I have created a page dedicated wholly to myself, in the egotistical assumption that people actually want to see such a page. I'm also assuming that since you've read this far you have at least a vague interest in discovering just who is the lunatic who would write such witterings.

Me

My name is Timothy George Jones, and I was born on the 30th October 1980, which makes me 19. I have two sisters - Ruth and Rachel. Ruth is 11 or 12 years older than me (I can't remember exactly... I mean, really, how am I supposed to know?), and Rachel is 10 years older than me. Ruth is working as a nurse in Australia, and Rachel teaches English in Uganda. The fact that they have chosen to spread themselves across the world costs me a small fortune every month in phone bills, but this is a price that I am willing to pay. Most of the time.

I used to live in Swindon (original meaning: "hill of pigs"); some of my friends from there are Gemma, Liz, Matthew, Stephen, and Joel & Bridgitte (none of them are on h2g2 unfortunately).

More About Me

I currently an ex-first year student at Southampton University, and I share a house with Matt Sprack (Bluebottle), Ian Ferguson (Peregrin), and Simon Turner.

I say "ex-" first year, because I have just finished a year of aerospace engineering, but decided that it wasn't really for me. Too much like hard work... So I'm going to do computer science next year, after taking a year out.

Even More About Me

Favourite:

Films

Anybody who knows me will know I can be a little (well, okay, actually more than a little) obsessive about films. Namely, my favourite film, which is The Shawshank Redemption. My other favourites include The Green Mile, Apocalypse Now, Oscar and Lucinda, The End of the Affair, Little Women, Immortal Beloved, Anne of Green Gables, Vertigo, and anything related to, associated with, or sponsored by Shakespeare.

TV

MONTY PYTHON, Blackadder, South Park, Friends

Music

I'm a big fan of Thomas Newman (film composer), but I like a wide range of music: including classical (Beethoven! Yay!), the Beatles, Abba, Goo Goo Dolls, and some other film composers (John Williams, Bernard Herrmann, Ennio Morricone).

Authors

Yes, it must be said. I am unreservedly fanatical about Shakespeare. And... errrr.... proudly so. His works transport me to a whole other world, one that I know lots of people find through reading his plays and poetry. I especially love the sonnets. My favourite plays are Othello, Richard III, and Hamlet... although I could watch any of the plays over and over again without getting bored...

My other favourite authors are Stephen King, John Grisham, L. M. Montgomery, L. M. Alcott, and of course Douglas Adams.

Oh yes - I like Dilbert and Garfield too...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A398711

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more