A Conversation for The Truth About Airplanes

Why do you think there is really no such thing as air travel??

Post 1

Researcher 190676

Why do you think there is no sucthing as air travel??


Why do you think there is really no such thing as air travel??

Post 2

Maria d J Gutierrez

Sorry to keep you waiting so long. I forget that the mail box for this page isn't connected to my hello page. smiley - blush

Q: Why do you think there is no sucthing as air travel??

A: I live about 10 miles from LAX. I used to drive past it twice a day, every day. I've even been on planes. I have seen how freakin big the things are. I imagine how heavy they must be. I KNOW I can't fly. I don't see how loading me and 300 other people onto a sealed metal tube that the manufacturers admit weighs 350 tons, along with all of our junk, and extra junk besides, can get us all both: 1. magically suspended in the air and 2. propelled at hundreds of miles an hour, for the three hours it takes to get to Hawaii. It's just plain illogical (no pun intended). I knew there must be another explanation and I set out to find it.

Now, this is not about all air travel. I know we can float around in the basket of a hot air or helium balloon, I don't doubt that NASA has put people on the moon, and I think there may be some truth to the talk of spaceships. I just refuse to believe that for $35 each way, some nice people will stuff me in a big heavy, non-feathered, aluminum thingie with wings that don't even have the decency to flap, and ship me through the air to San Francisco. It defies reason.


Key: Complain about this post

Why do you think there is really no such thing as air travel??

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more