A Conversation for How to Write Postings and Entries in Plain Text

change

Post 1

willsy

just a qiuckie i'm Will and wanted to change my number to a name but am having a spazzy moment any ideas please????


change

Post 2

SEF

Hello Will.

You're not really asking in the most appropriate place - which might partly go to explain why you haven't had a reply for 3 days. However, you can change your on-screen nickname via this link: <./>UserDetails</.> (which appears on the left panel menu as "My Preferences" for people logged in and using the standard brunel skin). Note that your on-screen nickname is not the same as your login name and changing it will not change your login name.


change

Post 3

willsy

thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction regarding changing name etc happy new year too....


change

Post 4

a suffusion of yellow

No idea im afraid, Will... although i would also like to know how to make an entry i wrote appear in the appropriate topic bit, in this case in Astronomy? thankyou ever so much, to anyone who can be arsed replying...


change

Post 5

SEF

You don't get to just categorise your own entries that way round here. The normal route is to put your entry through the Peer Review system; and, if it gets accepted, it will then be mutilated and re-entered (by sub-editors and editor-hosts) as an Edited Guide entry which will be categorised as deemed fit. You will still have your own original unaltered and uncategorised "copy".


change

Post 6

a suffusion of yellow

jolly good, thankyou ever so much...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more