A Conversation for How to Write Postings and Entries in Plain Text

What ever life throws at you

Post 1

minarcher

As an attractive divorced mother of 44 life presents me with a dilemma or should I call it an opportunity?
The dilemma - Am I going to be single forever? The opportunity is that I have the chance to rebuild my life and meet someone new. So can someone please provide a user guide to this stage of my life, the traditional viewpoint states if you don't look then love comes calling for you versus the contemporary idea that you go out and reinvent yourself Trinny and Suzannah style and go get a man.

So should I try any one of the possible avenues that may be open to me.
Firstly internet dating, how easy is it to get friendly with a complete stranger? Would it be only to discover that one or both parties on meeting are repulsed by the appearance of the other. A friend of mine arranged a meeting after ardently exchanging e-mails on a dating site with "attractive outdoor type looking for love". On meeting he confessed that he was in fact several years older than stated and in her words looked like he had bandy legs.A non starter in their case.

So in this age of instant solutions is there one for me I wonder. Speed dating perhaps? I suppose that the assumption here that everyone who comes does so because they no long wishe to be single might be a naive assumption, so what is it like sat in a room full of strangers vetting every one on the basis of a 3 minute conversation. Its an interesting problem. I have to discount the workplace as a potential place to develop a relationship as I work with teenagers and whilst a toy boy may be an appealing thought it would be a rapid route to unemployment.

I decided to write this because it outlines the way that society has changed - 50 years ago women would have remained married as divorce was socially unacceptable. So in this age when women are told they can have it all, I really don't see the benefits. A traitor to my sex perhaps? From my perspective there is no great advantage getting up at the crack of dawn in order to organise myself and daughters before catching the train at 7.45 am to get to work. I do this 5 days a week leaving them in the care of a childminder both ends of the day and crash in to bed at bedtime completely exhausted.smiley - run Time for reassesment I think.


smiley - cheerup


What ever life throws at you

Post 2

merryjennywren

Life itself is so fast now that it becomes a ?merry go round? and there is not much one can do to slow it down. Since I retired 2 years ago I realise that we do have a responsibility for what we do with our time.
A time to stand and stare and let life pass you by. I say this because if we dont take time and make it a gift we are likely to overshoot our better nature
Our thinking gets clogged up and we dont see straight Hope this helps

Merry jenny wren


What ever life throws at you

Post 3

SEF

> "I decided to write this"

Unfortunately you didn't take care in selecting a particularly sensible place to write it. It would have made more sense as a journal entry on your own Personal Space page here, or a discussion on one of the chattier areas such as <./>Askh2g2</.>.


What ever life throws at you

Post 4

DavidMawer

Use the power of thought, think loving happy thoughts and you will attract to you what is you want like Magic.

Every good wish,

David Mawer


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more