A Conversation for How to Write Postings and Entries in Plain Text

HELP ME PLEASE! ! !

Post 1

Shady Guy

how can I put pictures on my page if possible?


HELP ME PLEASE! ! !

Post 2

SEF

If you want to stick with plain text mode, then you are limited to <./>Smileys</.>. Click on that link I just made to see the full range. When you next edit your page, just type the special text and the picture will appear as if by magic when you preview or update the page. For example, < monster > without the spaces becomes smiley - monster.

If you are willing to switch to editing in Guide-ML mode, then the whole <./>GuideML-PictureLibrary</.> is available to you.


HELP ME PLEASE! ! !

Post 3

Tango

If you do want to use real pictures, you will have to go to the editing screen, scroll down and select GuideML and click Change Style, you can then copy and paste the code next to the picture you want in the gallery. You will also have to put and the beginning of all your paragraphs and at the end. Unfortunately you cannot use pictures that are not hosted on h2g2.

Tango


HELP ME PLEASE! ! !

Post 4

Rho

... and a useful link for finding h2g2's own pictures is C809smiley - spacesmiley - smiley

RhoMuNuQ


HELP ME PLEASE! ! !

Post 5

digiteenwolf

hia your gd at yousfull points so have you found out how the world started yet?smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more