A Conversation for Two-Storey Outhouses of the United States

The Two Storey Outhouse

Post 1

frontiersman

In the UK the term 'outhouse' usually refers to a 'lean-to', that is, a building using one of the walls of the main building, and consisting of 3 'free' walls and usually a sloping roof. Another UK use of the term means a shed or other free-standing building in the garden (or estate if you are British middle or upper-class which the writer is not).
The building you are illustrating exists in Britain, of course, but we politely refer to it as a 'S...house, sometimes a brick s...house if we are referring to a rather muscular guy!
Notice how we in the UK spell storey! A story in Britain is what I have just told you!

R smiley - cheers


The Two Storey Outhouse

Post 2

David Conway

Thanks for that, Ronbloggs. I've already addressed the story/storey problem. I'll think about how to adress the American vs. English vocabulary problem.

NBY


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more