A Conversation for Missed Question

Very Deep

Post 1

Nunarssuaq

Displays the restrictions of consensus reality and rationality very well.


Very Deep

Post 2

dancingbuddha

i'm intrigued. would you care to explain further?


Very Deep

Post 3

Nunarssuaq

Intrigued by what I said or the piece of writing?


Very Deep

Post 4

dancingbuddha

by what you said. i would love to be intrigued by the piece of writing, but being the author, that's a little hard for me smiley - smiley


Very Deep

Post 5

Nunarssuaq

Ah? oh...ohhhh! Oops, you are the author...hehe.

I really liked what you wrote, and I'll further explain what I said about it now. Sorry about that, when I wrote the comment, I was in Info Tech class and had to write it quickly. What I meant was, you show the conflict between our human impulses, and what society tells us is right and wrong. And you accurately point out that the part of us programmed by society usually prevails (sadly true, yes).


Very Deep

Post 6

dancingbuddha

that explains the consensus reality bit - but i don't understand how rationality is in conflict with it: human impulses, certainly. but rationality?


Very Deep

Post 7

Nunarssuaq

An impulse is never what society would call rational.


Very Deep

Post 8

dancingbuddha

ah yes, but the societal definition of rationality isn't necessarily actual rationality...


Very Deep

Post 9

Nunarssuaq

True, but I'm not sure what to say nextsmiley - biggrin


Very Deep

Post 10

dancingbuddha

eh, i am smiley - biggrin

so, the reason i was intrigued by your statement is that i think consensus reality is constructed rationally, so rationality needn't necessarily conflict with it. what do you think of that?


Very Deep

Post 11

Nunarssuaq

I think you make a lot of sense. Call it a day?

Keep in touch,
Nunarssuaq


Very Deep

Post 12

dancingbuddha

sure


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Missed Question

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more