A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

Talkback

Post 1

Bolders

I would like to suggest the inclusion of a realtime chatroom to the site which is used exclusively for chats of a specific nature and not for the usual a/s/l young stud wants to talk filth nonsense. I think a hosted chat area would be a valuable addition to the guide as brainstorming sessions such as this may throw out valuble topics that might not otherwise be explored.
Thanks.


Talkback

Post 2

Menza

But the forums already do this. When anyone can post a response to any article at any time and anyone can come along months later to add fresh points of view. You don't have to arrange to all be online at the same time as the messages are waiting for you when you log on. I don't see what realtime chat would add to this, other than not having to press the refresh button.


Talkback

Post 3

h2g2Support

Although we're not ruling out chatrooms, we do prefer the forums, for the reasons Menza points out. One day thay may make an appearance, but for a truly global site, we find forums much more convenient and suitable.

Mark


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more