Politics Today; as I see it.

0 Conversations

I have a problem. I am constantly dissapointed with something in the world. Or other! There always seems to be some poor person suffering by the hands of their own ineptitude, or of some policital environment, or being swayed by the ineptitude of another person/company/political system/popular music company. There's stife in the world as we know it, and no amount of denyal can cause any type of good effect on those people's lives.

Music was once about "soothing the soul", or to put it in modern terms, music was once about entertaining people. The same way that political parties were once about taking the resources offered by an entire country of people, and managing them for the 'common good'. That becomes a difficult task once you have multitudes of millions of people in your country. It used to be a common saying that 'many hands make light work', but that doesn't seem to be the case these days. Rather, many hands make work slow and expensive, and that to really economise and efficientise we need to employ some machines to do our earning for us. Maybe I am mad. Maybe I talk too much. But this is how I feel. I want to simplify the world. Maybe "simple" doesn't mean "dumb" to smart people! Maybe that's a famous quote? If it's not, then hello, I'm Ian Stolz!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A382439

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more