Tiger Tiger on Haymarket, London

0 Conversations

Tiger Tiger is a nightclub on Haymarket in London, in between Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus. It's one of my favourite clubs for many reasons, which is why I want to tell people about it.

First off, they do have a restaurant. The food is very reasonably priced (main courses around £7) and good. It's also a good way to get into the club.

The club itself is over 25's, and the dress code is smart - collars for the boys, no trainers for anyone. Entry is free on weeknights, around £8 on weekends. Closing time is around 4.00 am.

The club itself consists of several different areas. On the ground floor there are two bars, a dancefloor, and the entrance. There are two (unconnected) lower-ground floors. One of these contains a cloakroom and a cash machine (I think it's Midland) and the other is a dark, sweaty house basement with banging music and two more bars in it.

At the back end of the club on the ground floor, next to the entrance to the house basement, there are some stairs going up. These lead to the delightful chill-out room, containing a bar (spot the pattern?) and lots of little groups of sofas clustered around coffee tables. The music in here is quieter, and the atmosphere less frantic than elsewhere.

The chill-out room sits about halfway between the ground and first floors. On the first floor, there are another two bars, as well as a cocktail bar.

The club is large, and good fun. There are a few tricks that I have learned, though. Firstly, the cocktail bar will only serve a drink with three or less shots in it. If you want more, order two and they will let you pour them both into one glass. They are not allowed to do it themselves.

Also, the beers are about 3 pounds, and spirit + mixers are all over 4 pounds, so, in my humble opinion, it's best to drink the house champagne. At 24 pounds a bottle you're only paying four pounds a glass, and it's surprisingly good.

Most importantly, have a great time, and drink like a ><>.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A379875

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more