tattoo's and body peircing

1 Conversation

In today's society it is becoming more and more common to see people with either tattoos or parts of their body peirced.I think that the attitude of 'normal' society needs to change more so that people like myself don't get harrassed or stared at for being 'freaks'. I got my body modified for my own pleasure and to appreciate the art and individuallity that this brings not to be stared at by mostly children or pensioners, funnily enough, I can understand the looks I get since I have 15 facial peircings but some people need to reserve their opinions and respect the choice made by people to be different instead of looking in shock. Body Peircing and Tattooing are more a part of everyday life as it becomes fashionable to be modified and i have to laugh when people say to me 'What about when you're older?', well when i'm older all the people that are being tattooed now will perhaps have a different attitude to what some people see as being Bizarre behaviour from strange people today, freedom of expression should be welcomed as long as it doesn't harm anyone(except the person being tattooed etc.). I hope that this page may start a ball rolling on a discussion on this topic people need to know that we're not scary people, we just look scary, take a look behind the mask and meet the 'person' that expresses themselves this way and you'll have an interesting story or two to tell the kids.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A37694

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more