A Conversation for The Guild of Novices

HINTS & TIPS

Post 1

GreeboTCat


HINTS & TIPS

Post 2

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

There's a Quick Reference Guide with some useful links
http://www.h2g2.com/A344756
including links to help for newcomers, assistance in creating pages, and a partial list of some interesting clubs and forums.


HINTS & TIPS

Post 3

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

___Problems finding 'Edit Page' and 'My Details' ___

At present, the newcomer welcome information and 'don't panic' page refers to the 'my details' button on the left for changing your personal preferences and the 'edit page' button on the left for adding your personal introduction.

If you're having trouble finding these, they are the 'preferences' button and 'edit page' button in the light blue box on the right of your home page.

We just recently went through a change here at h2g2, adding a new skin so you can view the site in 'alabaster' or 'classic goo' All of h2g2 used to be classic goo, but newcomers now come in set with alabaster, and some of the buttons are in different places. The Powers That Be (also known as the PTP or italics) are working on updating the information, so hopefully this won't be a problem for long.

If you want to comparer the two skins, you can change skins in your preferences, or to simply temporarily see a regular page in the other skin, add the following:
?skin=alabaster
or
?skin=classic
at the end of the page address


HINTS & TIPS

Post 4

GreeboTCat

Thanks Redbeard... great tips...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more