Rocky Horror

1 Conversation

OH..ROCKY! 22/12/04

I “shivered with antici.....pation” as I entered the Court Theatre to see their production of Kiwi Richard O’Briens “ The Rocky Horror Show ”.
Being familiar with the film and having seen several big stage productions through the years ( in NZ and London ) I was very keen to see how our Court theatre company brought this classic mindbending musical to life.
The fun began even before they raised the curtain . As we took our seats various cast members drifted off the stage and proceeded to sit and lie down on any remaining empty seats around the theatre. When the people meant for the seats arrived they reluctantly got up..then tried to sit on that persons knee. One of these ‘Phantoms’ stole the shoe off one woman & placed it on my head! In the mean time the guy playing Riff Raff ( Teodor Surcel ) prowled the aisles menacingly staring & shining his torch in peoples eyes...
All this caused great such great hilarity by the time the opening notes of the opening number ‘Science Fiction Double Feature’ the audience was ready for anything!
And “ Damn It, Janet “ what an ‘astounding’ show we got!
Stunning costumes, great singing, foot taping live music and perfect comic timing had the crowd captivated.
George Henare was a fantastic Frank’n’Furter, strutting around the stage in impossibly high heels, singing up a storm & throwing side splitting one liners at the audience. His many costumes were a risqué riot especially his nurses outfit for the “Lab” scene!
Other performances of note were Rima Te Wiatas buxom Magenta, Ali Harpers ‘Marilyn Munroe’ Columbia & Michael Edwards muscle bound Rocky!
The whole audience had a great night including myself, my wife had her parents ( !! ) stomping & cheering for more with the rest of them....
“Let’s do the Time Warp again!! “

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3757205

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more