Final Fantasy 7

0 Conversations

Right this is a review right? Ok here goes.
Final Fantasy 7 is set in a quasi-futuristic world dominated by the totalitarian Shin-Ra electric power company who have set up Mako reactors to drain the life force of the planet. As a conciquence the planet is slowly dying. You play the role of Cloud Strife an ex-soldier and a mercinary who is hired by the rebel group AVALANCHE to blow up Mako reactor 1 in Shin-Ra's capital city of Midgar. The game starts off with a stunning FMV showing the city of Midgar before cutting seemlesly to the game. The games battle system is quite complicated for a beginner but FF veterans will instantly get it. The system requires you to attach Materia, magic orbs, to weapons and/or armour before the battle. During battle these Materia give special effects e.g. fire and ice magic or summon monsters such as Ifrit and Shiva. The system employs the ATB (Active Time Battle) where whoevers time guage fills up first gets priority to enter commands. The games Magic effects can be quite stuning with huge pyrotecnic displays for higher leval magic (try casting Bolt 3 on all) and all the battle backgrounds are rendered in 3D and are quite stunning. The field screens too have amazing graphics making you feel as though you are in the game. As I said before the FMV's are stunning and some can be quite humerous (Cloud's motorbike scene). The only graphical gripe is the field screen character models but they have their own unique style. When playing the game a whole range of emotions are experianced happiness, sadness, funnyness, dispair but it is all worth it because the final movies are BRILLIANT! Another good point is the music it is brilliant (Especialy Aeris's theme and One Winged Angel) and adds to the overall atmosphere of this truly fantastic game Final Fantasy 7 I salute you as one of the best games EVER!
Game: Final Fantasy 7
Developer: Squaresoft
Platform: PSX,PC
Graphics: 95%
Sound; 90%
Gameplay: 99%
Lastability: 99%
Overall: 95%
Fallen Angel's Golden Game Award :-)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A374843

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more