A Conversation for Slayerville

another day another favour

Post 1

Kat

Sorry guys I know this a bit cheeky but I was wondering if you could help me:

I was re-reading some old posts recently and savouring the quality while it's still there and I found a post from ForeverMe on a thread in the general debate section about "who Buffy should be with" (a thread which to the compliment of us Talk Buffy posters didn't result in general flameyness as usually happens in other such discussions I've seen elsewhere). Anyway ForeverMe mentioned she'd read an essay about abusive relationships in s.6 which sounded interesting. I've tried posting to Forever Me's personal page about this but that didn't work so I'm wondering if anyone's heard from ForeverMe since the demise of Talk Buffy and if not does anyone known anything about this essay as I'd quite like to read it.

Thanks guys for help anyway smiley - cheers


another day another favour

Post 2

Otus Nycteus

Hello Vamp Advocate

No, I haven't heard from ForeverMe. I don't think she found her way here (yet?). The essay you mention sounds like something Slayage would do. (But knowing you a little I'll bet that you've already checked that site before you posted. smiley - winkeye)

BTW, you do know that you can download the convos to your own computer? Just use the cut-and-paste functions to copy them to Word-pages (or whatever wordprocessor you're using) and save them. That way they'll be spared from digital oblivion. I've rescued about 30 of the most interesting threads that I've been involved in. Perhaps it's an idea to open a subsection of Slayerville with those oldies-but-goodies?

Anyway, good luck with your search. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.


another day another favour

Post 3

Staker Boi

Hi vampadvoacate. Forever Me wrote some very interesting fanfic called 'Consequences' on a site called www.sinisterattraction.org. Here's a link that shows her email address if you'd like to contact her. I trust this will be OK with Forever Me.......

http://www.sinister-attraction.org/authors/f.htm


another day another favour

Post 4

Kat

I may just be the most disorganised person but I finally got around to e-mailing ForeverMe about that article. I am glad I did know because it turned out to be pretty interesting I will post up the link if anyone else wants to read it but I mainly wanted to post to say you for giving me the heads up about where to find ForeverMe. smiley - cheers


another day another favour

Post 5

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

I'd be interested in reading that article too. smiley - biggrin


another day another favour

Post 6

Kat

As requested smiley - biggrin

http://www.btvs-tabularasa.net/essays/DomesticAbuse.html


another day another favour

Post 7

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

Thanks! I'll read that later. smiley - ok

smiley - book


another day another favour

Post 8

Otus Nycteus

Thanks for the link, Vamp Advocate! Very interesting article, and just at the right time, too, for Dutch TV has just started a rerun of S6. (Though how many eps they will broadcast remains to be seen. It's a commercial station, and they are infamous for changing their schedule at less than a hint of the sound of a drop of a hat...)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more