A Conversation for Slayerville

Fresh food for discussion

Post 1

Ava Vargas

Last year, I've been reviewing reruns of Buffy's first seasons. The original plan was to start a website, but for the time being I'll put them on my H2G2 page under 'entries' (below left). Each episode has its own entry, complete with high- and lowlights, facts and significant lines. As I understood from Cult, early episodes are currently being shown in the UK, so it might be nice to discuss them as they come along. I'll be adding more of them, but typing skills not yet up to par. Come on over and have a look, I would love to get as much feedback as possible. (And additions or corrections are always welcome)
Oh, and never mind the mess on the rest of my poor, outdated space. Can somebody tell me why any alteration in the text is reviewed by a moderator first -even if you're just removing a sentence- while everything else we write gets directly onto the screen?


Fresh food for discussion

Post 2

Otus Nycteus

Hello Ava You're not around that often, are you? But when you come back, you do so with a vengeance! :-) Just spend over half an hour reading your reviews on Bud's 'Marty Noxon' thread. Excellent! The reason your personal page isn't visible might be that it's still part of Talk Buffy. To be sure, you might put in a request to transfer your page to H2G2 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F615?thread=602386 That could solve the problem, though you might not get the hidden text back. Good luck Nite Owl PS Are you by any chance interested in helping updating the Buffy page in the Guide? We sure could use your help.


Fresh food for discussion

Post 3

Ava Vargas

Ehm..And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance?

I am flummoxed, though: how did you get from here to Oldramon's when I never mentioned putting some of the reviews on his personal space??


Fresh food for discussion

Post 4

Carlyle Ferris

Hi there Ava......Confusing isn't it. We just have to accept it....Like a religeous experience.....He who designed H2G2 did it in the true spirit of Douglas Adams.....Incomprehensible and with no known logic. I love it.
Carlyle


Fresh food for discussion

Post 5

Otus Nycteus

Hello Ava

If you got someone on your 'Friends' list, their journal entries wil automatically show up in your conversations list, even if you haven't (yet) replied to them. (And, of course, I lurk. smiley - evilgrin )


Fresh food for discussion

Post 6

Ava Vargas

Not on my page, they don't. Unless I click each of your names, I can't see what you write on your own pages, I just get the conversations from Slayerville. Am I being extremely digibetical, or just an outcast of the H2G2 community?


Fresh food for discussion

Post 7

Carlyle Ferris


It is all a complete mystery to me, Ava, but I am sure that Nite Owl will swoop down from his branch later tonight and explain it all. Most things seem to appear on my page and I just went round everybody and clicked the "add to friends" button. A lot of things appear on my page but there is nowhere near the amount of activity that Buffy generated in its heyday. The BBc killing Talk Buffy with their usual wisdom and forethought did not help. They are going to start using carrier pigeons soon, when the technology has caught up with them.

C


Fresh food for discussion

Post 8

Otus Nycteus

[swooping down]

Hello Ava, Carlyle

I could be wrong, but this is how I think it works: On top of your page is a bar with links to 'conversations', 'friends' etc. With them you can move around your own page quickly. Now, JOURNAL entries do appear on your page if the writer is on your friends list. CONVERSATIONS only appear in your convo list if they're posted on a page you've subscribed to (like Slayerville), or if you've contributed to them. If someone leaves a MESSAGE, it will only show up on the pages of the poster and the postee.

That's my impression, anyway. So, no outcasting!

(And if you want to be sure not to miss anything, just subscribe to everyone's page! smiley - winkeye)

Now, where did I leave that nice, juicy woodmouse?


Fresh food for discussion

Post 9

HonestIago

Nite Owl, what you've said is entirely correct. There is one additional thing you could do and that is to subscribe to a Personal Space so you could see *any* messages that come up there. However this is generally seen as a bit intrusive and not encouraged


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more