A Conversation for Twins

Twins

Post 1

Researcher 193040

Being a twin I am very interested in the Twins research. I read with interest the section on the website about left-handed twins. I, myself am right-handed as is my brother, however, I do remember that my brother held a pencil/pen very awkwardly in his right hand and never looked comfortable - his poor writing was proof of this. At age 5 I remember teachers forcing him to write with his right hand.
We were one of four sets of twins in our class and of the male/female twins all the girls had been born first - proof perhaps that females are stronger. My brother was very quiet and I was the more dominant twin - they separated us after a few weeks at school to force him to be less reliant on me. Other family members have commented on our nervous energy and I have often felt that our shared nine months in the womb meant we were on the move a lot to find space.
We are now 45 years old and I live in England and he lives in Australia so have little contact other than by phone but I wonder sometimes about telepathy - we do seem to sense when each other have worries and are very protective still after all these years


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more