A Conversation for The Best SF Novels

Agreement? - Some what!

Post 1

Clivea193191

I can only agree strongly with the three books you quote. To anyone who has only seen the film "Battlefield Earth", i say get the book, a quick loss of the memory of the film and enjoy a classic SF book.

Of the rest, Clarke, Vonnegut and Heinlein are spot on. But the rest are doubtful. To say someone like Huxley is classic may be nearly accurate, the book is intensely boring! AS for Bachman, no sorry, I could never put that as classic.

And why have you not included Asimov? The robots series are classic, even now XX years later and after his death, never mind the Foundation series and the City series with the detective whose name I cannot remember due to senility. Just remember to ignore the later books tying everything together as they became quite turgid and boring in their complexity.

Clive


Agreement? - Some what!

Post 2

R. Daneel Olivaw -- (User 201118) (Member FFFF, ARS, and DOS) ( -O- )

I agree wuith you, Asimov need to be included. Also, I read somewhere that the three most populat SF authours are Asimov, Clarke, and Heinlein. By the way, the detective is Elijah Baley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more