A Conversation for Ian's Diet

Just say no!

Post 21

IanG

Um, so it is... Well I'm still holding steady on 86kg... So it could be worse. Although I'm finding it tricky at times, as my most recent journal entry indicates. (And I did manage to avoid temptation - it's been *ages* since I've had any Ben & Jerries now. Snif. smiley - sadface)


Just say no!

Post 22

J'au-æmne

*sympathy*


Just say no!

Post 23

IanG

The bizarre thing is that this time last year I was just moving back to the UK having lived in Belgium for 6 months. My amongst my favourite features of Belgium were (1) fabulous beer and enlightened opening hours (i.e. pick a time of day, and there will always be several bars open), (2) fabulous food no matter where you choose to eat out and (3) fabulous chocolate available, well, more or less everywhere. *And* there was a supermarket 1 minute's walk from my flat that sold B&J!

What's strange is that I was actually down to 80.5kg after 6 months of that! (Which is more or less what I'm supposed to weigh for my height and build. I'm slim but not skinny at that weight. I can't believe I put on almost 9kg in the 8 months that followed!) I guess the lesson is that I should go and join a gym again and walk absolutely everywhere...


Just say no!

Post 24

Abi

*sympathy*


Just say no!

Post 25

J'au-æmne

Move to Durham. I don't know about the quality of the gyms, but its easy to walk everywhere... (only if you're a poor student like me though I guess.... normal people drive...) and hills make it that much more exciting


Just say no!

Post 26

IanG

Hmm... Durham's a long way from where I do most of my work though, so that doesn't really work so well. (Although I'm sure walking to Cambridge or London from Durham would get me nice and fit!)

I'm likely to be moving back to Hammersmith any month now (although I've been saying that since June now...). It's not a location that especially encourages driving and I know there are loads of gyms in the area, so once I actually get myself settled I shall join one. (My main excuse for minimal exercise over the last year is the fact that I've been of no fixed abode for most of it...)

Right! I'm going downstairs now for a stint on the exercise bike and then the ab trainer thing, and then I'm going to chase up some of my outstanding invoices so I can actually afford to move!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ian's Diet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more