A Conversation for Konstanz am Bodensee

No Subject

Post 1

Joey

Hi there, Joey from Constance here!
First I'd thank the author for this very fitting article about Constance. I quite enjoyed the reading. I think you weren't in Constance at winter time... In winter it can be very boring and depressing, cause Constance then is obviously the only town in whole Europe (!) where the sun won't shine... so either you go to Switzerland for skiing (about 1.5 - 2.5 hours away) / Bahamas for frying, or you push the highest suicide rate in Germany a bit higher (no joke, Constance has one of the highest suicide rates in Germany; it must be the hard change between the beautiful summer (we normally get a bit more sun thanks to the climate of the lake and the Alps) and the terrible, foggy winter, which pushes this rate...

Some remarks:
The start of the River Rhein lies in Switzerland; the Rhein is built by the Vorderrhein and Hinterrhein at a town called Reichenau
(called exactly like the little island in the Lake of Constance, but it lies in Switzerland and has nothing to do with the island Reichenau!!!)
... so I don't know what the Tower you mentioned could mark... perhaps a new segment of the Rhein (there are Oberrhein, Niederrhein...)

The Bismarckturm is quite a good location to overlook Constance (I made my civil service next to it, so in Summer we sat there and had a
bunch of beersmiley - smiley
cusoon yours joey!
[email protected]


Plugging this article

Post 2

You can call me TC

Hi Joey, Inkwash (thanks for the tip) and Mr Black. Will include this article in the GerManiaConnection - and you, too, as long as you are not already in it.

Will also push it at the PRP because it isn't bad and covers what people want to know. I have an article in a magazine which recommends a few clubs and eating places - if I can find it I will post these and you can see if you agree that they're worth a mention.

Update GerManiaConnection in einigen Tagen


Plugging this article

Post 3

You can call me TC

Perhaps it's a high water mark.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more