A Conversation for McCrone's Law

I may not be a cat...

Post 1

Randy_McNab

Despite the fact that I am not a cat and, as such, can have no experience of the the joy of plummeting in feline form, I feel that I am justified in making the following observation.

Cats may fall to the ground (or wherever the centre of mass is in a non-earth system) as stones do but, and this is the important bit, they ALWAYS land on their feet. I wonder if anyone has tried cutting all four feet off a cat and hurling it out of a window (I would hope not, but you never know...).

My hypothesis is that any cat treated thus, would be unable to envoke the feline power of landing-on-one's-feet and would, in fact, be freed from gravity all togeter.

Thus, I suggest that, emminent physicist though he is, Mr MacCrone really should test his theory as thouroughly as Mr Hess did his. The results would be most intriguing, I'm sure.


Key: Complain about this post

I may not be a cat...

More Conversations for McCrone's Law

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more