A Conversation for Witters from Down Under

Anzac

Post 1

I'm not really here

It's really interesting to read about it in this article. I sometimes feel I should know more about it, because there is an old family legend that it was a relative of mine that was the model for the soldier on the Anzac medal.

I'll have to get my dad to give me the bits and pieces and perhaps write a piece myself.


Anzac

Post 2

Websailor

Frenchbean,

It is lovely to see your Witters up here. I always thought that's where they belonged. A very interesting piece about Anzac Day. I always listen to coverage on our local BBC radio as they always do a piece on it.

Websailor smiley - dragon


Anzac

Post 3

frenchbean

Thank you folks smiley - smiley It's a bit nerve-racking having my stuff in smiley - thepost So many people read it...

Anzac is such a big deal and the numbers at the services get bigger and bigger each year.

How interesting that you have possible links to the medal Mina. I'm sure you could find out via Canberra. If you investigate, do let us know the outcome smiley - smiley

Fb


Anzac

Post 4

I'm not really here

After the weekend I will ask him to look out the information again. It only came to light after my nan died a few years ago.


Anzac

Post 5

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Mina - here's a site that might have some info

http://www.awm.gov.au/search/results.asp?cx=001764270972611125989%3A77q6fd8uhow&cof=FORID%3A11&q=Anzac+Medal&sa=Go#1032

The Australia War Memorial site is fascinating and very easy to get lost in for hours smiley - biggrin

Great article Frenchbean smiley - applause


Anzac

Post 6

I'm not really here

Even the V&A don't seem to have the details we've got. I will go and get the stuff from my dad today I think.


Anzac

Post 7

frenchbean

Thank you Feisor smiley - ok I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The Australian War Memorial site is great, isn't it?

Fb


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Witters from Down Under

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more