A Conversation for The Schlieffen Plan

Smart planning and cheers!

Post 1

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

First of all, the way you focused on the logistics was great! Most ppl do not realize the importance of, well, moving so much with the soldiers. A battle's vital cornerstone is the supplies etc, way more than just plain manpower and positions. Ask the dead generals of the american Civil War how critical the railroads were, heh.
It gives off a sense of imcomplete work, when you get cut the thing short. Try and write more!!
(not that I should talk, I'm still stuck on Ch 1 of my fantasy epic)
Welcome!!


Accuracy needed for article

Post 2

TallTony

I think it's really good entry but I hope you allow me to raise a couple of points with you. I don't mean to be a bore but historical articles should possess the detail and accuracy you've included.

Prussia and Russia were not states...were they both not Empires? Russia was ruled by Tsar Nicholas and his Imperial dynasty, up until the outbreak of the Russian Revolution. Wasn't the Prussian leader a Kaiser? Doesn't this point to royalty too?

Heavy French fortification as you correctly mention was called the Maginot Line.

The Boer War - the British were not fighting Zulu tribes in this war but Dutch colonials who had settled there i.e. the Boer. The British did not lose to the Zulu chiefs but they did lose control of South Africa to the Boer. Hence why South Africa was governed by white colonials until the recent Mandela government.

I hope you don't mind my comments. Your article will certainly make an excellent addition to the Guide.smiley - ok


Accuracy needed for article

Post 3

mark_g7

Just to correct the corrections, Talltony smiley - winkeye

"Heavy French fortification as you correctly mention was called the Maginot Line."

Not in WWI. The Maginot line was not actually started until 1929, and was named after the then minister of war.


Accuracy needed for article

Post 4

TallTony

Ah oui monsieur, je suis un petite 'confused' avec le guerre grande numero deux
merci beaucoup

but everything else in my comment was accurate smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more