A Conversation for Anne McCaffrey

Remiss-ion

Post 1

Researcher 99947

I have yet to read one of her books smiley - sadface I feel as though I am missing a wonderfull experience


Remiss-ion

Post 2

GreeboTCat

As a big fan of Anne McCaffrey... and particularily her Pern books.. ~grin~... me has to agree with you...

Me has written to her asking for permission to quote some passages from her books... so ~fingers crossed~... maybe you will get a chance to see what you think...


Remiss-ion

Post 3

Princess Bride

I LOVE Anne McCaffrey and own as many of her books as I can justify to her husband- do you know if the third Acorna book is out in paperback in the US? and are there webpages (other than this) devoted to her on the net? "rateitall.com" has rated her and she turned out very well. That is an amazing list you have there, much more than I would have thought! And I am proud to say I have read most. But I didn't like the Doona series.


Remiss-ion

Post 4

GreeboTCat

Hi Princess... as you can see me loves her too. Me does not know about the a new Acorna book in America, but Anne herself has written and told me that a new Pern/dragon book will be out next year... The title is as yet undecided... and the manuscript has just been given to her publisher.... ~grin~

Anne McCaffrey's Official Website is here... [Broken link removed by Moderator]

The Doona series is not a fav of mine... but me does love the Pern and the Crystal Singer books


Remiss-ion

Post 5

Princess Bride

yes and yesterday i just found a book published this year called "Pegasus in Space". I was very happy to find it as usually I am trying to find a new book to read. happy!
And I am excited about a new Pern book. She wrote you? Cool!
I loved the Crystal Series also. Basically all of them except Doona. smiley - smiley
Good luck on your article, and have you read all of her books?


Remiss-ion

Post 6

GreeboTCat

Me has read most of her books... The Brain/Brawn series is also a favourite... but me must admit... me has always loved the dragon books... me cried for ages when Robinton died... ~sniff~


Remiss-ion

Post 7

Princess Bride

Yes, it was very sad. What has fascinated me about that series is that an event will be referred to in one book and then another book will explain that event in detail. I love that. And it seems she is always coming out with new ones. I think the Brain/Brawn series was such an interesting idea too! Robinton was definitely the central character in so many of the "present day" books, I mean the books that took place in Robinton's time. I am proud to say that I own about 15 of her books. Of course my husband thinks I don't really need to own them, but he's not as much of a reader either.


Remiss-ion

Post 8

GreeboTCat

Me loves books so much... me would never want to be without one...


Remiss-ion

Post 9

Princess Bride

Yes me too- just finished the Pegasus in Space one and am now aching to get into a new book- I got a not-fiction one about sisters that I hope will be good.


Remiss-ion

Post 10

GreeboTCat

Me has just had to re-edit the page as it didn't conform to the new Alabaster skin... ~grin~... ~Greebo wipes brow~


Remiss-ion

Post 11

Princess Bride

Well I'm sure it's beautiful. I'll go look at it. smiley - smiley


Remiss-ion

Post 12

GreeboTCat

~grin~~... not as nice as it was... but it's ok... hope it gets accepted.... ~paws crossed~


Remiss-ion

Post 13

Princess Bride

It's so wonderful! Anyone who can get permission from the author herself and talk to her has got to be accepted I think it's great and if you don't get accepted I will complain. If you can think of anything a humble Anne McCaffrey lover can do to help you, just drop me a line! smiley - smiley


Remiss-ion

Post 14

GreeboTCat

Me was very happy when me recieved the reply to my email... ~grin~... and me was VERY happy to hear that a new book was coming... It's set around F'Lessan... F'Lar and Lessa's son... after the last pass... and there's a new character Tia... a greenrider... ~big grin~... me for one... can't wait!!!


Remiss-ion

Post 15

Princess Bride

Sounds great! Although my impressions of F'Lessan have always been shaped by when he went expolring with Jaxom and they got lost, so I can't picture him as grown up. I guess that's Anne's job, though!


Remiss-ion

Post 16

SallyM

Hi Greebo,

I've just got an email about the new Anne McCaffrey website done by herself http://www.annemccaffrey.org. I've not had a really good look around but you might want to change your link if it turns out to be a better site.

Totally agree with all the comments, LOVE her. I generally have to take a box of tissues to bed with me if I'm going to read Moreta or The Masterharper.

Hope this information helps

SallyM smiley - smiley (ACE)


Remiss-ion

Post 17

GreeboTCat

Thanks Sally... ~grin~... Me has already visited the site... Anne also told me about it... tis great... and me see's that Clarecraft are starting to do a few things to... would like to see them make the dragons... ~crossed paws~

Did you see that Ms McCaffrey has been invited to watch the next shuttle launch??? Lucky lady...


Remiss-ion

Post 18

SallyM

I hope I'm that lucky some day. I actually hope to be rich enough one day to go into space myself. Like that is going to happen!

SallyM smiley - smiley (ACE)


Remiss-ion

Post 19

GreeboTCat

Yes.. me would love to do that too... ~wistful sigh~


Key: Complain about this post