A Conversation for Random Ramblings

Feedback

Post 1

PedanticBarSteward

As ever, a nice little article to make the bone idle (like me) appreciate that there are some people who are prepared to devote some of their time towards other people's enjoyment. The fact that we don't get round to thanking you (all) for your efforts is that lethargy gets the better of us.
There is also another point - even the most indolent will put digit to keyboard if they DISAGREE but never bother to say 'thank you'. Interpreted another way - if nobody writes and complains, it may be a sign that it is good!!
signed
Disgusted Tunbridge Wells.


Feedback

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Awww, thank you. And to think that I wasn't subscribed to my own article and only found this now. smiley - blush

I think you're right that people are much more prepared to complain than they are to approve, so thank you all the more. It makes it all worthwhile. smiley - smiley


Feedback

Post 3

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

My copy of the smiley - thepost has just arrived with a thump on the front door.
The cursed hoody wearing, gum chewing, evil-eyed swaggering newspaper lad has managed to set my dog to dancing a merry jig all over the welcoming rug yet again, there by nearly knocking the potted geraniums off their stand smiley - bleep.
As usual after I'd cleaned off all the muck and detritus of travel that it seems to accumulate on it's long and difficult journey down here, enjoyment ensued...

The initial trip in the ever reliable BOAC Armstrong Whitworth Ensign is I'm led to believe, a pleasant and relaxing jaunt forsmiley - thepost as it takes in the sights of the long journey from Heathrow to Darwin Airport and avails it's self of the hospitality of BOAC served out by the charming Hostesses.

The real journey begins with the trek through the tropical north with armed guards to keep the saltwater crocodiles at bay as well as surprising numbers of inquisitive German tourists. Once through though it is then passed onto the Overland Camel Service and into the hands of the mysterious Mustaffa el Lucan a rather shady chap with a luxurious moustache who always likes to paw at the smiley - thepost and its only the ingenious plastic wrapping which thwarts him smiley - magic .

Once the camel train reaches the borders of civilization my smiley - thepost is handed on like a baton to Messrs Cobb and Co. Coach Service and is then eventually deposited at the front door of my local Newsagents.
Where of course the aforementioned hooligan is put in charge of it and in between kicks for goal and hits for sixes and the occasional game of fetch with various K9 cohorts; my dishevelled chewed, yellowing, sunburnt, slobbery copy bangs up against the front door.

Once it has been cleaned and coaxed with soothing words out of it's almost indestructible wrapping, we (the Miller household) sit down and enjoy the contents of the ever interesting, ever beguiling, decidedly original smiley - thepost.

And a big thank you to everyone involved was needed we felt and here it is smiley - biggrin ,smiley - applausesmiley - applause


Feedback

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Awwww, thank you ever so much. smiley - smiley

Hope you'll enjoy the future smiley - theposts just as much. smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Random Ramblings

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more