Balance (state of balance)

0 Conversations

Having just made a contribution to the forums section of the H2G2 site for some reason I thought and then kept pausing before leaving the text alone and submitting it, thinking I've missed something or perhaps the info would `be too much' in some way. In fact I on retrospect I feel that I missed plenty of things out of my passage, things that if included might have made that passage something of an epic to read through but were left out so as to keep the reading reasonably concise. It was an act of balance so to speak....

What prompted me to pause while trying to round up my blurb about the 70's was what I could only describe as my sense of balance being in some way uneven after leaving subject matter that would enable people to know of some spects of my life in the 70's but leaving out others which might have been better included. The same thoughts of `balance' apply to many differing and even opposed situations where there may be two or more `sides' to a given situation, thought or act. The final rationale of the balance is to generally leave or withdraw from a situation, thought or act without sometimes making or causing things to lean, or sway mindfully, physically or otherwise in an unreasonably biased manner. This can sometimes give a human big difficulty, but others deal with it easily.... Again there is a balance there too if you look at it.

First learning to ride a bicycle actually doesn't really require the greatest degree of balance from a physical point of view, but as a child however, the balance of thoughts required to first ride means that you must simply try and balance. Its this conscious effort of trying to balance that is the undoing of many a childs gallant efforts I'm sure. The longer entry in the current Concise Oxford spouts on about balance being the equalising of da, da da, da da... And the neautralising of so and so... But balance can easily be as much of a weight on or in the mind (if not much more) as an act of physical doing. However, the more automatically one becomes accustomed to balance in a physical manner, the more possble it becomes to detect imbalance.

So to conclude about here, and look at it from a human oint of view, if you ae feeling out of balance or as though things are leaning a bit too much, there are only two things to be done. One is to think more or less and the other is to act accordingly. Theoretically you are `striking the balance'.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A336872

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more