A Conversation for Macedonia

Article seriously biased

Post 1

DarrenWhite

The article is plagued with historical inaccuracies. It reads like Macedonian nationalist propaganda. The author denies that ancient Macedonians were Greeks. It is an historical fact that Macedonians were speaking a language similar to classical greek and participated in the Olympic games. Alexander the Great was tutored by Aristoteles. Modern day Republic of Macedonia has no cultural link whatsoever to ancient Macedonia, apart from geographical location and use of the name. The article employs a manipulative revision of history to make it fit into the nationalist narrative of the author.


Article seriously biased

Post 2

fireymakedonec

This article is objective and factual. About time the truth is recognised by the rest of the world. The propaganda of the greeks is slowly, but eventually, fading. Macedonians are not and were never greek. In reference to macedonians participating in the olympics,
history states that Alexander 1, participated in the olympic games, but was initially refused because he was Macedonian. After later proving distant ties to athenians (just so as to enter), he was allowed to participate.
Some suggested reading for those disillusioned by greek propaganda
Eumenes of cardia: A greek among MACEDONIANS
Fields of wheat, hills of Blood (greek author, a. Karakasidou)
Ancient Macedonians, differences between ancient Macedonians and the Ancient Greeks (js gandeto)
Macedonia and greece (john shea)
Please note these are not Macedonian Authors (unbiased don't you think)
From Neolithic times, Phillip and Alexander era's, Roman and Greek Era's, Slavic migration,and Ottoman domination, Macedonians existed, obviusly genetically not as pure Macedonians, But show me a pure greek (after 500 years of ottoman rule.....I'm sure no Turk touched a greek woman..) and i'll show you a poor disillusioned soul.............. They are probably Macedonian and don't even know it.
smiley - cool


Article seriously biased

Post 3

iolaos

article out of reality and historical fields.

There is no republic of macedonia, that is a name politicians are trying to use in order to give a historical background to a newborne state.

although this is not a political forum, we need to understand that.

Besides, even before Yugoslavia was divided, there was no province named like that there, Yugoslavians named that area Vardarska.

It is true that Ancient Macedonia streched all the way up there. But also, it streched as far as Ancient Babylon and Egypt in Alexanders' time, that does not mean that all the people that have lived there were, or are, or even will be Macedonians.smiley - tongueincheek

And for closing, Greece is an EU member, and FYROM wants to be an EU member. Nationalists on both sides do NOT seem to understand that the EU idea is about ONE BIG EUROPE. and all of us in it. it is not about the grass on the other side of the fence, it is about getting rid of the @#&***%^@ fence.

pardon my language,
smiley - biggrinsmiley - cheerup


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more