A Conversation for Art

Art

Post 41

wsfn

So far I can't see anything in these comments that is faulty. Like JohnyZoom...I too am a writer for the technogeeks...but in my former and future incarnations of me I am an art history student with a goal of teaching and writing Non-Stupid art texts.

I like to describe art to new students in this way... "There is art that causes you to think about your place in space, history, and society...and then, there is art that you would hang in your living room because it makes you feel happy. Each has a value in your existance. We tend to learn about the former and live with the latter. Beware of people whose homes are filled with stuff they seem to not genuinly enjoy. Not only haven't they got it...they are trying to make you think they get it better than you. I call these the Sub-Zero's...the people who would buy a $5000.00 fridge (hence the name) for no reason other than the logo emblazoned on it."

I must also point out that music, literature, humanity, and nature appear to have also been left out of this discussion. Each is as ugly or lovely as each individual makes it out to be. And did someone criticize F.L. Wright? earlier...I'm rather fond of his work. (and yes, I would have a Franz Klein in my home, could I afford one...but I also have posters for children's literature, so be your own judge...after all, only you can be.)

Thanks for the lively discussion,

wsfn


Art

Post 42

Bidean

You are sane. Bugger off.


Art

Post 43

wsfn

No thank you, but I wouldn't mind a peck on the forehead, or a polite handshake.

wsfn


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Art

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more