A Conversation for Courtesy's Zen Garden & Tea House

Raking Sand

Post 1

Courtesy38

*the sand is in disarray from the move*

*gets rake and starts creating patterns around the rocks*

*enjoys the relaxation of the garden and the sound of wind through the trees*

Welcome back to all.

Courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 2

ox

*ox enters the garden and finds fresh tracks in the sand*


*relaxes*


Raking Sand

Post 3

Courtesy38

*meditating up fresh tracks ...... like coi ripples in a river*

courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 4

Courtesy38

*slowly gets up, grabs the rake, and starts to make new patterns in the sand*

*starts wistling a meandering tune*

courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 5

ox

*with eyes closed, ox finds she can follow the sounds of the rake and the whistling and visualize the patterns in the sand*


Raking Sand

Post 6

Courtesy38

*walks slowly into the garden, takes a deep breath, looks around with a gleam in the eye, brandishes a bamboo rake, slowly starts raking at the beginning*

Courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 7

ox

*all is bliss...all is bliss*


Raking Sand

Post 8

Courtesy38

*starts throwing some rocks into the sand and raking around them*

*bliss is all*

courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 9

Courtesy38

*with eyes closed and rake held loosely in my hand, I walk the sand and rake when it seems proper*

I hope that you are having a good time, it's amazing how peaceful talking about peaceful things can make you.

Courtesy smiley - zen


Raking Sand

Post 10

ox

Yes! Like the peace daily yoga brings to my 'life'; often when we cannot change what is happening in our lives or our surroundings we can only change ourselves.


Raking Sand

Post 11

ox

...so how is your journey? smiley - winkeye

Mine has led me back around to studying Qabalah again...shaking loose the stuck bits of clay from shattering my old personality has taken some time, at least for me smiley - laugh

*gazes at fish scale clouds*

*closes eyes*

...maybe that's the gist of this recent incarnation smiley - zen



Raking Sand

Post 12

Courtesy38

My journey is tending towards the circular right now. I am looking into Daoist philosphy again and developing a great desire to pick up The Book of Five Rings again.

I have achieved a level where I can perceive most things and not have them affect me. Still working though smiley - smiley

Courtesy smiley - zen

*starts raking circles in the sand around all the rocks*


Raking Sand

Post 13

ox

Sun Tzu's The Art of War is a classic for me...

I'm still affected by things at first confrontation and work them out later that evening in meditation/realization. Daily study. I realize I'm putting forth a certain level of negativity and confusion to be getting a return of the same, and that I'm very aware of only seeing the tip of the iceburg with the basic 3rd dimension senses. Still confused a bit in daily life, the I Ching sets me straight for a quick fix at lunch, if a jolt is needed and a higher view! Enjoying again old favorites like Sepher Yetzirah, The Kybalion and Dion Fortune's The Mystical Qabalah. Care with diet and Pranayama.


*cloud watching*


Raking Sand

Post 14

Courtesy38

I find that whenever I tend towards the negative I can attribute it to attachment. The Tibetan Book of the Dead has a section on attachment which helps me in times like that. To paraphrase .... Don't hold onto something, open your hand and let it go. Instead of opening your hand palm down, open it palm up. Thus you loose the attachment yet keep the thing.

I keep trying to meditate every night, but sleepy zazen is not good. Must work at setting more time aside for the mental and spiritual aspects of life.

Courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 15

Courtesy38

*goes to the middle of the sand and starts a new pattern*

*with a major change in my Personal Life, I feel the need for a different pattern to meditate on*

Courtesy


Raking Sand

Post 16

ox

*quietly watches Courtesy*

The only thing that gets me through rough spots is serious study and meditation. Daily.

I drifted away from daily study in my 40's. I'll not do that again smiley - biggrin


Raking Sand

Post 17

Aukana

Yes, amazing how easy it is to drift away from what you know is good to do *picks up rake and mindfully starts pattern*


Raking Sand

Post 18

Courtesy38

*nods to Aukana, and watches the pattern emerge*


Raking Sand

Post 19

Courtesy38

*awakens from a rather long contemplation*

*moves the rocks and rakes the sand clean*

*drops the rocks back into the garden*

*starts raking with a blank mind*


Raking Sand

Post 20

ox


*watches a dragonfly's flight*

*closes eyes*


Key: Complain about this post