Inspiration

0 Conversations

People often talk a lot of rubbish, but sometimes they do come out with something vaguely sensible. Here are some inspirational quotes by famous people to make you laugh, to help you through the day, or just to generally intrigue you.



Billy Connelly: I think my securities far outweigh my insecurities. I am not nearly as afraid of myself and my imagination as I used to be.



Boromir: It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing. (About the Ring in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)



Robert Frost: Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.



Louise Hay: Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.



Matrin Luther King, Jr: Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.



Lois McMaster Bujold:My home is not a place, it is people. ("Barrayar")



John Howard Payne: Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.



Nightcrawler: You know, outside the circus, most people were afraid of me. But I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes. (X-Men 2)



Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

[Using the Force, Yoda effortlessly frees the X-Wing from the bog]

Luke: I don't believe it.

Yoda: That is why you fail.
(Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back)



Wilson Mizner: Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down.



Adlai Stevenson: He who slings mud generally loses ground.



Boy George: If you have to be in a soap opera try not to get the worst role.



Miss Piggy: Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.



Marilyn Monroe: I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time.



Zsa Zsa Gabor: Husbands are like fires - they go out when unattended.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3233215

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more