A Conversation for The h2g2 Tour - Registering as an h2g2 Researcher

Where is the Register Button?

Post 1

dineshjk

While on tour of Guide, I came across this section "Registering". It advised to click the "Register Button Above". But I did not find any button named Register. May I know how to register?


Where is the Register Button?

Post 2

J

If you're posting this, you've already registered, so I wouldn't worry about it smiley - ok

Welcome to h2g2 smiley - smiley


Where is the Register Button?

Post 3

dineshjk

Thanks Dear Jordan,

May I ask for one more favour please! I was reading an article "April Fool's Day". It gave account of the past wellknown events of public befooling, like the lease of White House etc. I want to add some more to it in the main article. I added by clicking "discuss this" but I could not append the main article. How could I do so? Besides, if there is a typos in an article posted by somebody. Like wiki, can I repair it? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance,

Dinesh Karia


Where is the Register Button?

Post 4

J

You can bring up typos by going to <./>Feedback-Editorial</.>.

You cannot just add to an article, unfortunately. The best way to leave your thoughts is to discuss an article, but if you have a complete update planned, you can take the entry, add your thoughts, credit the existing authors and submit it as an update to PeerReview. It's an unfortunately complicated process though, and I wouldn't recommend it until you've gotten your bearings here.


Where is the Register Button?

Post 5

dineshjk

Thanks dear,

I have understood the system. I will surely go either for feedback or in discussion or submit my write up in an appropriate way.

Thanks

Dinesh Karia


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more