Sylt, Germany

2 Conversations

Sylt

Sylt is a place the normal bankrupt hitchhiker should not visit! It is extremely expensive!!! Sylt is the German Island furthest north, It partly lies parallel to Denmark. The best place to go on Sylt is the Rock Island Cafe in Westerland the Capital of Sylt. Except for Westerland their are several other Villages across the Island, though population growth has made it more like one town. The standard tourists are German, Dutch and Danish. millionaires In the Summer the Island is packed with 980 000 tourists. All in all not a place you have to have been! If you do land there you can visit the only Sushi for 382km in Kampen near the south end of the Island. And the most northern Fish and Chips of Germany at Gosch in List! A very good meal, even if not quite cheep can be taken in the Hotel Stadt Hamburg 5min from the Station in Westerland! The best bash of the Year is the windsurf World Cup in July. And every 2nd Year the Seasons out Party, Only for people working in local Gastrobuisnes, but you can sneak in! Beer and all other alcoholic drinks are free, water 2 DM.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A317017

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more