A Conversation for My Garden in Salisbury, Rhodesia

Memories?

Post 1

LL Waz

The rains, oh yes. Getting caught cycling home from school smiley - smiley. First thing you did? Leap off the bike and take your shoes off to protect the leather! Then cycle bare foot through the warm puddles.

Blue bird and red birds - blue and red waxbills? Such pretty little things. There were orange one's too, even smaller.

I remember being told that the reddish colour in leaves absorbed less heat than green and so helped protect new leaves. I don't know if it's true though.

Looking forward to hearing about Cuthbert...

Waz


Memories?

Post 2

Websailor

Christiane,

What a beautiful and interesting picture you paint. The thought of all that heat is quite pleasant at the moment as it is freezing here. I have been basking in your sunshine smiley - smiley

I, too, will look forward to hearing about Cuthbert and any other stories you might have for us.

I will be looking for you to appear online again as soon as you are able.

smiley - hugsmiley - goodluck

Websailor smiley - dragon


Memories?

Post 3

AlsoRan80


What a lovely surpirse to see that little piece about the garden appear. I realise that I spoke only baguely about the garden. !! It was beautiful

Thank yoiu LLWax, and also WS for writing bout it. I never saw those postings. It is good to receive them now when life is a bit down. 1!!

Thank you both so much.
Thanks for the name of the birds LLWas.

Did you ever hear a white browed robin singing? It is the most beautiful melody one can hear I do not remember where but I have aftually spoken about it this morning.

With much affection

CME



with much affction

Christiane
AR80


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for My Garden in Salisbury, Rhodesia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more