A Conversation for Royal Navy

Royal Navy

Post 1

HarryHarrison

There are those who say that the R.N. is "mostly harmless"? Although there are not as many Ships or sailors enlisted as 50 years ago, it's still a formidable force respected by the rest of the world.

Instead shooting loads of lead out and hoping that one of them hit's something they now shoot one projectile and know it's going to hit the right target. (No offence to the American Air Force). So we now don't need loads of hulls in the water as each ship is exponentially more deadly than its predecessor.

As well as the hardware and skills currently within the R.N. there is also a team and comradeship that is second to none. To summarise, we’re still an island and always will be and thank the lord (or house of lords) that we still have enough defence to stop any unwelcome visitors.

Just one more point and then I’ll shut up, if there are any ex matlots out there who want to get in touch with any old shipmates, send an email to [email protected] to join the mailing list. You can find out how it works in the archives.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Royal Navy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more