A Conversation for Heart Surgery

Still Here

Post 1

BigEric

Its now nine years after I wrote my thank-you letter, and looking back on it I can now see how "gushing" (embarrassing?) it was.

I would love to report that in my new lease of life I have done great things and contributed significantly to the good of humankind. Oh well... maybe in a bit.

I think that in all fairness, and turning off the modesty for a moment, the world is a slightly better place than it would have been in my absence: not a lot, but a measurable bit. Whist I still feel a LOT better than I did, a lot of other ailments have now started to surface to my discomfort and displeasure.

For the first time I am having to cope with being bored and frustrated. I always used to criticise those who said they were bored as being "lacking in imagination", but I now have to eat those words occasionally, because I forgot that on some occasions one just isn't able physically to do things - like walk a goodly distance, or stay alert for long periods. And being constrained is quite frustrating.

So roll on the third age... Infancy was good, Adultery was great. Senility... hmmm... it seems to have little to commend it (except the opportunity to badmouth those younger than yourself!).

Anyhow, if anyone out there is reading : do drop me a reply as you pass by smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Still Here

More Conversations for Heart Surgery

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more