Faceball

0 Conversations

A curious game for which the origins are still in question1. The most curious aspect of this game is how it seems to play on man's desire to throw things at people who smile too much.

Faceball is a game about happy, smiling faces. The object of the game is to 'tag out' someone else by throwing things at their smiling face. The more things that you throw, the less happy your opponents become. Once you have nailed their smiling face enough times, typically four or so, the smile turns to a frown, and your opponent is knocked down or 'tagged out'. The person who tags the most opponents is declared the winner.

It is well known that the use of small round objects2 is preferred to any other shape, but it is not known why. It has been suggested that this is probably because sharper or more damaging objects tend to hurt replay value.

Some have found that your enjoyment can be greatly enhanced with the aid of proper additives such as alcohol. It is also recommended that the people you include in the game be informed ahead of time, unless they smile too much. Smiling people are fair game.

1It has been suggested that this game was first played on the original Monday morning, although it has most recently appeared on Nintendo video game systems.2A small rock is good, and the perversely-named softball is quite nice.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A301267

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more