Hawaiian Fun

0 Conversations

Orchid painting by Blue Bird

Wintering in San Diego

It happened that, a couple of years ago, I decided to winter in San Diego, California in order to get away from the harsh winter of the North-Eastern USA. I found, seemingly, a very favourable lodging place in the private home of an 'elderly' Lady by the name of Yvette.

In her spacious house she provided room and board to university students. There was a comfortable separate lodging for me, also, on the second floor.

She was a good cook but, whilst preparing dinner, she amused herself by imbibing a large amount of heavy liquor. The dinner was the highlight of the day! After the students had set the table she would talk endlessly - fueled by alcohol.

Eventually I excused myself from this 'captive' audience because, in the evenings, I was doing my 'homework' - painting small sketches from daily events. After a while, because I was not at the dinner table, she objected to my behaviour.

It was then that I got to thinking about finding some lodgings elsewhere!

I soon found out that I could have a cheaper solution if I went to Hawaii. San Diego's better hotels can be very expensive over a long period of time.

Yvette knew, before I came to her house, that I had a reservation with a group to go to Hawaii. So, to make a peaceful but sudden departure and keep our relationship friendly, I painted some 'Sunset' pictures for her as I knew she would like them. She never did guess that she was the main reason I left early to go to Hawaii.

This is how my adventures started and how I came to leave before my alloted time. I cancelled the group reservation and took off alone to Hawaii...

Hawaiian Fun Archive

Blue Bird

16.09.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3005065

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more