Marshchapel, Lincolnshire, UK

1 Conversation

Marshchapel is a small village about 12 miles away from the town of Grimsby on the east coast of England. This small village has been my home for 14 years now and I have also hated it for the same length of time.
The village consists of one shop, two pubs, a butchers, a chip shop, a village hall and a park for kids. It is the biggest out of a small network of villages that include North Cotes, Grainthorpe and an old RAF air base Cherry Park. The population of this village is around 500, but this is made up mostly of old people who like to complain at each other about someone down the street. These same people will usally then go down to the person they were complaining about and complain about the person they were just talking to.
This village has no intreast for teenagers, and very little for children. As a small child we had a slide and some swings, which has now become some swings, a climbing frame and a roundabout, but there was a loss of the slide! Teenagers have the football goals, but they never get used as the village seems to soak up peoples energy.
If you ever come though Marshchapel, I will give you this advice..
Get out!
It consumes your body with boredom, and if you stay after a while you start to become molded into one of the old residence peviously metioned. If you are over the age of 13 you will probably be blamed for everything that happens, and if not you will probably end up in perthetic fights about nothing that ever seems important to anyone else.
Drinking is perhaps the only thing that is good in Marshchapel, Alcohol is always good! The only problem with the pubs is that they are full of people your parents know, and also people that will start talking about how noisy/bad/annoying you are/were. If this option seems unbarable, drinking on the street will land you into trouble with the police. The best thing would be save a lot of money and go to Cleethorpes for a night out every two/three weeks (massive taxi fares) or just hope for a lot of house parties.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A295896

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more