Fear and loathing in the study

0 Conversations

It is incumbant upon the wishful motivational idiot to situate her or his writing space or surface

in a place or time that is conducive to avoiding the sight of the piling bills and the puling bairds.


I have, at times, written, with a babe, on one arm and typed with the other hand, which gives a nother meaning to typing with one hand.

It is important not to put too much importance on the act of writing. If you are not good at it, then you probably will do well to do it with as little deliberateness as you can. Just toss it off, you can always clean it up later. The kind of paper and type of pen or computer or software doesn't matter as much as the kind of underwear you are wearing.

There are various arguments about whether one should have sex the evening before beginning a book. I have never heard any of them.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A29580366

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more