The Post Fable

1 Conversation

The Post Fables Graphic by Greebo T. Cat

The Old Lace Widow

The consequences of her actions didn't once pass through her mind. He deserved it. More so, she deserved it. It had been far too long.

Sitting at home, literally twiddling her thumbs waiting for him. Anyone, really. Knitting just didn't cut it. It wasn't the fact that she'd been trying to master the same pattern for so long; just, it was monotonous now.

She'd so often looked up, expecting a visitor, almost smelling them on the wind. But, time after time there was no one. She'd taken to pacing, then to sitting again. Anything to break routine.

Then, that morning, he'd appeared. Most unexpectedly. She wasn't even aware he was there for almost five minutes, so engrossed in her own reverie. She'd seen him moving, slightly agitated she thought at first. Nervous even. So she dropped her knitting, even though the piece was almost complete. A visitor! She couldn't hide her excitement and almost ran to him, but stopped when the distance between them shrank to a comfortable margin.

'Hello dear.'

He shook a little, and she lowered her tone slightly.

'Sorry my love, just it's been ever so long since someone's dropped in. I'm all jittery!'

She thought she noticed a smile then, but wasn't sure.

'Can I get you anything? No? Well you do look a little uncomfortable.'

A shake of the head.

'Quiet aren't you?'

A nod.

She stroked her arm thoughtfully.

'Well, now you're here and I've introduced myself, I guess we should sort out your time here.'

He shook his head wildly, but it soon stopped when she sank her fangs into his body and carefully wrapped his shuddering form in her webs.

'You'll do nicely when I get peckish later, m'lad. I think so. Yes. You'll do nicely.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Post Fables Archive

Hoopy Frood

26.08.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2947449

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more