From time to time we all have made the wrong decision about something and this happens in the world
of film as well. Below you will see a list of actors who all turned down a particular role in a well
known film, below each of those will be three possible films they lost out on. All you have to do is sort
out which of the three is correct.
If you would like to send your answers to us here at we will give
you a mention in the next edition of QED. An email address has been handily provided for you below
I have better things to do...
- Vin Diesel turned down Ben Affleck's role in...
A. Pearl Harbour
- Kevin Costner turned down Mathew Broderick's role in...
A. War Games
B. Ferris Bueller's Day off
C. Biloxi Blues
- Robert Redford turned down Dustin Hoffman's role in...
B. The Graduate
- Sylvestor Stallone turned down Eddie Murphy's role in...
A. 48 Hours
B. Trading Places
C. Beverly Hills Cop
- Julia Roberts turned down Sharon Stone's role in...
A. Basic Instinct
C. Total Recall
- Richard Gere turned down Bruce Willis's role in...
A. Die Hard
B. Sixth Sense
C. The Fifth Element
- John Travolta turned down Richard Gere's role in...
A. Pretty Woman
B. American Gigolo
- Marlon Brando turned down Robert Redford's role in...
A. The Sting
B. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
C. Out of Africa
- Debra Winger turned down Glen Close's role in...
A. Walt Disney's 'Tarzan'
B. Fatal Attraction
C. Dangerous Liaisons
- Elvis Presley turned down Kris Kristofferson's roll in...
C. A Star is Born
Send your answers to [email protected], please include
your h2g2 researcher name and 'U' number, so credit can be given where it is due.
Correspondence should be with me no later than Tuesday 31st August 2004
Those that Deserve a Pat on the Back
Yet More Profound Post Puzzle Answers
- Who reviewed 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and 'Enigma' in 2001?
- Who wrote the story 'Errors of Comedy'?
B. Danny B.
- Who recently took some 'Time Out in Africa'?
- The_Jon_m's wonderful series of articles about Manchester, music and misadventure is called?
C. Mancunian Blues
- According to Tonsil Revenge, what kind of creature is dancing?
- Who won the third round of 'Word Play'?
- Who did the artwork for the series of articles called ' Otto Fisch's Cod Philosophy'?
C. Greebo T. Cat
- Who wrote 'The End of the Pier Revue' parts 1-4?
- What kind of animal is on the front of 'Rev Jack's Diary'?
- Who is the person who has answered the most questions correctly in the QED quiz?
B. A Dr. Justin1