A Conversation for The Cheshire Grin Inn

Unemployment

Post 1

androyd

It appears that those jealous BBC technicians have removed the sign that was keeping me so busy just changing the light bulbs. Sob.....does this mean I'm out of a.....sigh....job....smiley - cry


Unemployment

Post 2

GreeboTCat

Me sorry Androyd for not replying earlier... me just getting around to sorting out my old haunts...

You will never be outta a job my friend... you can always change the light bulb in my halo when it goes kaput... ~grin~


Unemployment

Post 3

Siletta Weaver, Keeper of exsessively long titles, Eclectic Mystic, Cynic, etc..

I so much wanted to see the grin without a cat *sigh*


Unemployment

Post 4

GreeboTCat

Hmmm... the cat without a grin... ~greebo tries it...

Concentration needed... hmmmmmmm...hmmmmmmmmm... hhhhhmmmmmmmm~puzzled grin~

nope sorry me can't manage it...

Greebs... ~Cheerfully grinning~


Unemployment

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hey! I found the sign - I think - was it this one?

<./>B822289</.>


Unemployment

Post 6

GreeboTCat

Wow... the Cheshire Grin sign... where did you unearth this Titania??? Maybe me should reopen the Grin... hmmmm... what an exciting developement... My Grin sign... blobbed... any chance of finding the H2IQ graphic that was thrown out with the trash by the beeb?


Unemployment

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Whenever I come across a blobbed picture somewhere that I don't recognize from the picture library, I try the blob numbers next to it as well - and sometimes I hit gold!smiley - angel

Haven't seen any h2IQ graphic yet, though...smiley - erm


Unemployment

Post 8

GreeboTCat

Hmmm... me hadn't thought about doing that... you clever... clever elf you... ~grin~...

Me did approach Peta once regarded blobbing a graphic for H2IQ... she said she would try to sort something out... but... ~Greebo shrugs~... you know how it is...


Unemployment

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

I've been told that the h2g2 Post has quite a lot of influence on getting pictures blobbed for their articles...smiley - angel


Unemployment

Post 10

GreeboTCat

Hmm.. yes... me tried to get a new graphic put on for one of the things me writes for the post... just a line graphic... me was told that they had to be very careful with that ammount of graphics they put forward for blobbing... a kind way of saying no me thinks... ~grin~... if they were not happy about blobbing something for the paper... me doubts they would do something for something that was not part of the post... ~sad grin~

Me thinks sometimes that the powers that be worry that the graphics submitted are second hand.. and not original... me can understand that... but then why did they blob the Cheshire Grin sign... it was done by me... and me thinks... if me remembers correctly it used to flash.. at least the bulbs did... ~proud grin~... but TPTB didn't know this???? The graphic isn't good for anything but the grin... so why take the trouble of putting on the h2g2 servers???


Unemployment

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

I don't know, Greebo... I have even found a blobbed picture of one of the h2g2 parade floats - but just one?smiley - huh
...and the pub sign Lil made for Kasia's Crossed Purposes pub.... it just doesn't make sense, does it?smiley - erm


Unemployment

Post 12

GreeboTCat

~Grin~... copying your idea... me put in a few random numbers and just came acroos the float picture for the h2g2 space center... it has me on it... so me put it on my homepage... ~grin~ me doing a picture gallery of me... ~bigger grin~...

The blobbers must go crazy at times...


Key: Complain about this post