A Conversation for Subscribing to Users

Blocking

Post 1

SEF

Rather as with the old Friends list, it's possible to block oneself! smiley - biggrin However, I'm unclear what effect that would have on subscription to one's own articles - which currently happens automatically on creation of them (after a previous software change).

Interestingly, it doesn't matter whose list you start from with an blocking action, the block goes onto your own list. So that initial parameter in the command appears to be redundant. NB What I was trying to test was whether you could remove or block people from other people's lists - and the software appears to have passed that test but with an odd additional twist on the block (which it didn't have for the add subscription function).


Blocking - a further issue

Post 2

SEF

When I looked at my settings while not logged in, it showed it as blocking all users:

"You have blocked users from subscribing to you."

and offered the chance to "Allow Subscriptions" again (which I assume for now wouldn't actually work while not logged in).

However, what concerned me was that I was sure that wasn't the state in which I'd left the settings - especially as I hadn't even tested that feature yet! When I checked back as myself, I found that it gave the true report again - of people not being blocked (although I have now switched states for a bit to see if anything else shows up as a consequence).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more