A Conversation for Web-Safe Colours: How They Work

Colours: Comments and Suggestions

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

As of this writing (27 March 2000), this article is in 2nd draft. I wanted to provide a handy way of visualizing text colours with their associated values, and I wanted to explain a little bit about colour theory to make this more than a parroting exercise, but I don't want to hare off into overly-technical stuff.

So this is a deliberate hybrid, and it feels quite flawed to me. I will be glad to hear people's suggestions on how to improve it. Please post your comments to this thread so that I'll know about it.

Thanks
Lil


Colours: Comments and Suggestions

Post 2

Beeblefish

I thought it was the bee's knees Lil -- but then, I was too slow to see the original.

~Me


Colours: Comments and Suggestions

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Thanks, beebs! Last night I went through it and tried to incorporate or at least pay heed to list's suggestions, so really it's a third draft now. And it's been submitted. The colour section is an utter mare's nest of HTML tags, I'm afraid.

But there was nothing about colour on the Guide, so why not?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more