Amsterdam, The Netherlands

2 Conversations


As the official entry is a bit pap I am going to try and do a bit more, eventually :)
To be continued :)........

History

Public Transport


Public transport in Amsterdam is how it is meant to be. Any hitchhikers travelling from Britain can not help but be impressed.

Traffic System

Coffeeshops


Coffeshops are where cannabis is sold. Cannibis has an unusual status in The Netherlands. It is illeagal, but for small amounts, less than three grams, there will be no charges.......

Kadinskys


One of the best coffeeshops. Not huge, but not pokey either. The walls are a vivid red colour, with large 'African' style paintings on the wall. As you walk in you see that the shop is on three levels. The middle level is where the bar and the entrance are. Upstairs has comfey chairs and couches. Downstairs is a little more austere, even claustraphobic, though a pinball machine provides entertainment. At the front of the shop there is a huge window looking out onto the street. The whole window can be raised and lowered to allow air in. The choice of drinks and munchies is nothing special, but it has Looza and cookies, and a choice of about 15 teas. All any smoker could want.


The staff seemed friendly, and the menu fairly large and varied. Kadjinsky's is a good place to get some Orange Bud1. Though the seats in the middle section are stools, with the counter top in front of the window, it is all to easy to sit, smoke and watch everyone walking by outside.

Home Grown Fantasies

Rookies

Global Chillage

Cafe Picasso

Cafe's and Restraunts

Boom! Chicago

Museums


As a city Amsterdam has museums bursting from its ears, and of all types as well. From the large2 to the small3 and all the colours in between.

Van Gogh Museum

Stiedelijk Museum?

The Hemp Museum

The Sex Museum

The Rijksmuseum

1A mellow smoke, from a pleasantly aromatic grass, leading to a gentle stone. Enough to be a ble to smoke a couple and then wander around town mostly compis mentus.2See Rijksmuseum3See the bible museum

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A286229

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more